Saturday, March 17, 2012

Skyler's note to you on his two-month Birthday :)

 Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! If you are wondering how well I am doing-- just look at these pictures. I laugh a lot in my sleep now. There are angels that watch over and protect me, and comfort me when I'm scared-- just like my dad promised in my baby blessing. I love you all and am excited to give you a hug when I get a little older.
love you,
Skyler
32 weeks gestation

Skyler can breathe on his own now. He only gets oxygen through a high-flow cannula. In the next week or two, Skyler should be ready to start breastfeeding! (very gradually) Here are Skyler's goals before he can come:

                                                learn to swallow and breathe at the same time
 gain weight while breastfeeding
maintain his own temperature
be able to breathe on his own long-term

Most people that see Skyler tell me that his pictures make him look bigger than he actually is. It's true that he is still pretty small, but he's more than doubled his weight! He's now 2 lbs. 14 oz. We are so proud of him, and so grateful for all that you have done for him.












5 comments:

  1. Leah he is adorable and a true miracle and strength to soooo many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I didn't realize doubling his weight meant 2lb 14oz. What a trooper. I was just thinking about all you guys yesterday and hoping for another blog post soon. I'm glad things are progressing and Happy 2 Month Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! Happy 2 month little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that adorable little smile! Leah he is so stinkin' cute, you really can't tell how small he is until the binky pic and how it compares, but at the same time he is a lot bigger than the last time I saw him. He has changed so much is these past two months. I'm very excited for you to start breastfeeding. Hoorah for his 2 month birthday and for doubling his weight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete