Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Enjoying the milestones along the way

It's interesting because a few days after I wrote the post about having a hard time that I couldn't hold Skyler, and comfort him when he was upset--I got to hold him! It just so happens that we showed up right when they were changing his incubator. I guess the nurses do it every two weeks to avoid infection. He felt so warm in my arms. I held on to part of the tubes in his mouth while I held him, even though there was someone holding it for me. I'm always concerned that it's not comfortable enough for him so I held it closer to his face to give him more support. It was only for a few minutes but I loved it. I probably would have enjoyed it even more if I wasn't so concerned about his tubes and IVs. It's hard not to be but I'm sure I'll get more and more confident as time goes on. Heck, I might even let Chris hold him one day :) Oh, and I know it looks like I have man hands in some of these pictures, but they're actually Chris' hands I promise.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you were able to hold him. He is such a cute little boy keeping him and your family in our prayers:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You know, now they let me lift him up in the incubator and hold him there for a second while they change his bedding. I have done it three times now and we can do it every day! It's more intimate than the first time I held him because it's skin to skin. I should probably add this to a post instead of a comment...But anyway, thank you!

    ReplyDelete