Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Right Before Surgery


The surgery team comes over from Primary Children's Hospital and does the surgery in one of the NICU rooms at the U of U Hospital. It's the room Skyler was in when he was first born. You can see how they lift up the top of his incubator, put a heating pad and something sterile under him, and do it right there.


I sang to Skyler before his surgery to comfort him. It's a song my parents used to sing to me. I remember my dad rocking me and singing that song. I'll write more about that in another post.
Skyler likes having boundaries, and he didn't have any at that moment so I gave him some.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing mommy you are Leah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so strong Leah. Skyler is too cute! You guys are in our prayers:)

    ReplyDelete